In 2012, we restructured the company with the idea that USG is first and foremost a sales organization. Incentives were put in place to encourage and reward our top producers, and as a part of the rollout, I got to work on the packets that were sent out to all of our producer/brokers to inform them of the changes and reward those who had achieved certain production levels.
The project was a blast, and it covered just about everything that I like to do. We designed the seals first, a logo-esque type of job. Then we designed the look and feel for the packets, trying to convey luxury. Then all of the other pieces started to come together, and they required a bunch of different skills:
- The e-mail signatures are generated as a Word XML file by a C# script I wrote and ran on
localhost. I feed it a USG user ID, it gives me a signature for a majority of the producer/brokers.
- The marketing kit order form (not a new project but was included in the packet) is a PDF that calculates price based on quantity.
- The business cards and name tags are generated with an InDesign script that pulls from my master employee XML file.
- The certificates were a mostly original design, the exception being the border which I found online somewhere and adapted. The background was from another project where I emulated US currency engravings, and the layout was worked out with Kristen’s direction.